Figures.

Seven days away from my first decent vacation since May, a full 10 days off, and I wake up this morning to this:

RRoD

I guess I won’t be getting caught up on games after all. At least I’ll get some reading done.

I hate my fucking luck (or lack thereof) some days.

8 Comments

1. Widge December 15, 2007 1:49 pm

It was…taken over by Skynet?

2. Doc December 15, 2007 2:09 pm

Is kaput. “General hardware failure,” a.k.a., the “Red Ring of Death.”

Fortunately, MS extended the warranty to cover this particular failure on all the launch-batch of consoles, so it’s a free fix, but I suspect they won’t get it turned around and back to me in time for my holiday geekage.

3. Dindrane December 15, 2007 2:48 pm

Poor dear. At least there’s still the DS to play with. 🙁 And you never know… they might pop for FedEx or 2-Day UPS. Meanwhile, I’ll get caught up on my craft shows; prepare to hear “hi, I’m Alex Anderson…” about 100 times in a row.

4. Iruka December 15, 2007 5:58 pm

Ewww…Red Ring of Death!
    There’s a sight to turn any gamer’s blood to ice water.

5. Widge December 15, 2007 10:45 pm

It could always be worse. You could live in the 15th Century. I’m sure the “Red Ring of Death” was a completely different ball game back then…

6. Ripp December 16, 2007 12:16 pm

I’m on my fifth box since launch. My launch box lasted for a year and a half, and then I went through 4 in 6 months. I’ve got one with the HDMI port and the new chipset now, and it’s quite a bit quieter and runs like a charm.

But that really sucks, man. I’ve heard of 5-6 day turnaround time, maybe you’ll get lucky?

7. Doc December 20, 2007 5:21 pm

Well, as we are now on day 6 and I haven’t received my shipping container from MS yet, I’m guessing no. Suckage.

8. Service December 28, 2007 9:11 am

Doc…sucks on the red ring, but Merry Christmas late and cheers for the new year